Friday 4 June 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Noah Wyle and James Callis.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Kuroneko, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The European Discovery Of America by Samuel Eliot Morison was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 June 1971 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Noah Wyle: American actor, best known for his role as Dr. John Carter on the TV series "ER," for which Noah Wyle has received five Emmy Award nominations, as well as three Golden Globe nominations as Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television.
- James Callis: English actor and screenwriter.
- Roy Janse: Edmonton, Alberta -- Tornado yachter (1996 Olympics).
- Tanya Beyer: St. Paul, Minnesota -- Playmate (Feb, 1992).
- Joseph Kabila: Congolese soldier and politician President of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Mike Lee: American politician, junior senator from Utah.
- Shoji Meguro: Japanese director and composer.
- Karl Sinijärv: Estonian journalist and poet.
- Patrick Scott: NFL / WLAF linebacker (Pittsburgh Steelers, Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Georg Lukacs: Hungarian philosopher (Born 1885).
- J Luns appointed Secretary General of NATO
- Oakland Athletics beat Washington Senators, 5-3, in 21 innings.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?