Saturday May 4, 1974US date format: 5/4/1974, UK date format: 4/5/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 4, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christophe Fouquet and Matthieu Gourdain.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Grand Funk.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, directed by John Hough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Partners by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Elimination.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1974 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Christophe Fouquet
- Matthieu Gourdain
- Mathieu Gourdain: French fencer, who won silver medals in the individual and team sabre events at the 2000 Summer Olympics.
- Jason Nash: Vine Star.
- Joseph Kosinski: Director.
- Tony McCoy: Northern Irish jockey and sportscaster.
- Miguel Cairo: Venezuelan baseball player and coach.
- Dule Hill: Actor.
- 100th Kentucky Derby: Angel Cordero Jr aboard Cannonade wins in 2:04.
- An all-female Japanese team reaches the summit of Manaslu, becoming the first women to climb an 8,000-meter peak.
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1974?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- The Main Ingredient - Just Don't Want To Be Lonely
Top #10 R&B songs
- James Brown - The Payback
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Al Green - Let's Get Married
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout A Thing
- Mighty Mighty - Earth, Wind & Fire
- Aretha Franklin - I'm In Love
- Bloodstone - Outside Woman
- Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?