Wednesday 16 June 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 16, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Elena Undone, directed by Nicole Conn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Bullet by Laurell K. Hamilton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Norman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 or ARGO Online.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 16 June 2010 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 June
- Marc Bazin: Haitian lawyer and politician 49th President of Haiti (d. 2010).
- The Jamaican Government orders civilians to keep off the streets for two days in several slums in Kingston because authorities are still hunting for Christopher Coke, alleged by the United States to be a drug lord. (AP)
- American police in Seattle say they will ampquotreview training proceduredampquot following the surfacing of a video which attrated international attention. The video shows a white officer from the Seattle department punching a black teenaged girl in the face when she tried intervene while the officer was confronting another girl about crossing the road at a legally forbidden area. Seattle police deny any wrong doing. (Sky News)
- The United Nations Human Rights Council says Britain is arranging its third enforced removal of Iraqi asylum applicants to Baghdad despite appeals for it to stop amid safety fears for the individuals concerned. (BBC)
- Iranian nuclear program sanctions:
- Iran's atomic energy chief says Iran will begin building a new nuclear reactor, and Iran will keep enriching uranium, despite UN nuclear sanctions. (CNN)
- Gulf of Mexico oil disaster:
- BP begins collecting crude oil from a second containment system that the company hopes will help stem the thousands of barrels escaping from their damaged well, an amount that scientists said could be as high as 60,000 barrels a day. (The New York Times)
- Middle East:
- Israel adjourns deciding on whether to ease its three year blockade of the Gaza Strip. (''The Irish Times'')
- After a heated debate the Parliament of Lebanon proposes to offer basic rights to hundreds of thousands of refugees it has accepted from Palestine during recent decades. (''The Daily Star'')
- The French broadcasting monitoring agency orders that the official Hamas-run Al-Aqsa TV not be broadcast through French-based satellite provider Eutelsat because it has violated a prohibition on incitement to hatred or violence based on race, religion or nationality Hamas protests the decision. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Israel Defense Forces soldiers stop three armed men entering Israel from Egypt, 40 kilometers north of the Israeli city of Eilat. One of them is killed, and the other two flee, leaving behind an explosive device. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- An Israeli soldier suspected of killing two women during the Gaza War will face a judicial hearing headed by Advocate General Avichai Mandelblit, and may be prosecuted for manslaughter. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Hundreds of Haredi Jews rioting in Jaffa clash with the Israel Police and Israel Border Police over the alleged desecration of Jewish graves. Five policemen are injured. Ten rioters are injured, and fifteen are arrested. (''Haaretz'')
- The Turkish organization IHH assembles a new six-ship aid flotilla, set to sail in July. (Ynet)
- At least 49 people are killed during landslides in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh, with many swept to their deaths as they slept. (Aljazeera)
- A shootout in the Mexican tourist town of Taxco leaves 15 dead. (CNN)
- Two separate blasts in eastern Baghdad kill 1 person and wound another 8. (asharq-e)
- 4 Russian policemen are killed in the North Caucasus. (Xinhua)
- Two Sudanese, Abdallah Banda Abakaer Nourain and Saleh Mohammed Jerbo Jamus, surrender to the International Criminal Court in The Hague to be charged on Thursday with ampquotmurderampquot, ampquotintentionally directing attacks against peacekeeping personnelampquot and ampquotstealing propertyampquot in relation to a 2007 attack on African Union peacekeepers in Darfur, which killed 12. (Reuters)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Over - Drake
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Everything To Me - Monica
- All I Do Is Win - DJ Khaled Featuring T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Rick Ross
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- Gitana - Shakira
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Comandos del M.P. (500 Balazos) - Voz de Mando
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Phoenix - 1901
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
General Motor’s Opel/Vauxhall unit, expressing frustration with the slow pace of government decision-making, said it is no longer seeking aid from European countries and will finance a planned five-year, 11 billion euro ($13.5 billion) new-product drive with help from the parent company. [..]
BP suspended its dividend for the rest of the year because of the costs of setting up a $20 billion fund to pay for damage claims from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. It also plans to sell about $10 billion in assets. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.27
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $74.61
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $68.18
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.67
- 1 CHF = 6.0383 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6654 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.1034 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.89 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?