Tuesday 4 June 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lukas Podolski and Bar Refaeli.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears.
In UK 19 by Paul Hardcastle was in the top 5 hits.
The Goonies, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Jubal Sackett by Louis L'Amour was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Turkey Television.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gyromite or Bored of the Rings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1985!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1985 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Lukas Podolski: Soccer Player.
- Bar Refaeli: Model.
- Leon Botha: South African painter and DJ (d. 2011).
- Dani Evans: American model.
- Anna-Lena Grönefeld: German tennis player.
- Alicja Janosz: Polish singer
- Evan Lysacek: American 2010 Olympic champion figure skater
- Oddvar Reiakvam: Norwegian politician
- Ana Reston: Brazilian model (d. 2006)
- STS 51-G vehicle moves to launch pad
- Supreme Court strikes down Alabama moment of silence law
- US Supreme Court strikes down Alabama "moment of silence" law.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 June 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
- Billy Ocean - Suddenly
- Bryan Adams - Heaven
- Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Kool & The Gang - Fresh
- Katrina & The Waves - Walking On Sunshine
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?