Sunday 23 June 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hamza Abbasi and Blake Harrison.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Heaven by Bryan Adams.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by The Crowd was in the top 5 hits.
St. Elmo's Fire, directed by Joel Schumacher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Roque Santeiro.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galactic Warriors or Master of the Lamps.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1985!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1985 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Hamza Abbasi: TV Actor.
- Blake Harrison: TV Actor.
- Kristo Aab: Estonian basketball player.
- Laarni Lozada: Filipino singer.
- Marcel Reece: American football player.
- Alice Miller wins LPGA Mayflower Golf Classic
- Bomb destroys Air India Boeing 747 in air near Ireland, 329 die
- Laffit Pincay Jr becomes 2nd jockey to win $100 million
- A terrorist bomb aboard Air India flight 182 brings the Boeing 747 down off the coast of Ireland killing all 329 aboard.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 June 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bryan Adams - Heaven
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Madonna - Angel
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
- Katrina & The Waves - Walking On Sunshine
- Survivor - The Search Is Over
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?