Monday 24 June 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Taj Gibson and Kyle Searles.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Heaven by Bryan Adams.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by The Crowd was in the top 5 hits.
Pale Rider, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while A Passion For Excellence by Tom Peters and Nancy Austin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Doris Day's Best Friends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cavelord or Graham Gooch's Test Cricket.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1985!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 June 1985 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Kyle Searles: American actor.
- Taj Gibson: Basketball Player.
- Ariana Madix: TV Actress.
- Ethan Klein: YouTube Star.
- Diego Carreira: Brazilian footballer.
- Tom Kennedy: English footballer.
- Nate Myles: Australian rugby player.
- Vernon Philander: South African cricketer.
- Yukina Shirakawa: Japanese model.
- 18th Space Shuttle Mission (51-G) - Discovery 5 - returns to Earth. Payload Specialist Sultan bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud completes being the first Arab and first Muslim in space.
- Challenger moves to Vandenberg AFB for mating of STS 51-F
- STS-51-G Space Shuttle Discovery completes its mission, best remembered for having Sultan bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, the first Arab and first Muslim in space, as a Payload Specialist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bryan Adams - Heaven
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Madonna - Angel
- Survivor - The Search Is Over
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You?
- Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?