Sunday 16 June 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 16, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joël Dicker .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by The Crowd was in the top 5 hits.
St. Elmo's Fire, directed by Joel Schumacher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Mountbatten by Philip Ziegler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ein Mann macht klar Schiff.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alice in Wonderland or F-15 Strike Eagle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1985!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1985 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- 85th US Golf Open: Andy North shoots a 279 at Oakland Hills Country Club - Michigan
- Pat Bradley wins LPGA Rochester Golf International
- T C Chen, ahead by four strokes in final round of US Open, loses by one stroke to Andy North.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Bryan Adams - Heaven
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
- Billy Ocean - Suddenly
- Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Madonna - Angel
- Katrina & The Waves - Walking On Sunshine
Top #10 R&B songs
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Marvin Gaye - Sanctified Lady
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Electric Lady - ConFunkShun
- Billy Ocean - Suddenly
- Ready For The World - Deep Inside Your Love
- Jesse Johnson's Revue - Can You Help Me
- Atlantic Starr - Freak-A-Ristic
- Prince And The Revolution - Raspberry Beret
- Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?