Saturday 4 May 1907US date format: 5/4/1907, UK date format: 4/5/1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 4, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maxence Van der Meersch and Earl Wilson.
The Golden Beetle, directed by Segundo de Chomón, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1907 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Maxence Van der Meersch: French Flemish writer.
- Earl Wilson: Broadway columnist (Midnight Earl), dies in Yonkers at age 79.
- Lincoln Kirstein: American soldier and playwright co-founded the New York City Ballet (d. 1996).
- Walter Walsh: American target shooter and FBI agent (d. 2014).