Wednesday 22 May 1907
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laurence Olivier and Hergé .
The Golden Beetle, directed by Segundo de Chomón, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 May 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1907!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1907 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Laurence Olivier: British actor, director and producer, considered by many to be the greatest actor of the twentieth century.
- Hergé : Belgian cartoonist who was the creator of "Tintin.
- Martha Angelici: French operatic soprano of Corsican origin, particularly associated with the French lyric repertoire.
- Eugène Claudius-Petit: French politician who participated in many governments under the Fourth Republic and was a proponent of Firminy Vert.
- Hew Lorimer: Scottish sculptor and noted family, the second son of the famous architect, Sir Robert Lorimer.
- Jean Beaufret: France Writer.
- Jean-Marie Maury: French Catholic prelate, diplomat to the Holy See and 106th Archbishop of Reims (serving from 1968 to 1972).
- Herge: Belgian comic-book creator (d. 1983).
- Albert Trott takes two hat-tricks in an innings, Middlesex versus Somerset.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1907 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- San Antonio (Cowboy Song) - Billy Murray
- You Can Have Broadway - Billy Murray
- The Tale the Church Bell Tolled - Frank Stanley
- Won't You Come Over to My House? - Henry Burr