Tuesday 4 May 1943US date format: 5/4/1943, UK date format: 4/5/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 4, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mikhail Chemiakin and Michael Palin.
The More the Merrier, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1943 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Michael Palin: Comedian.
- Mikhail Chemiakin: Russian painter.
- Nickolas Ashford in Fairfield: South Carolina, USA; singer (Ashford and Simpson - "Solid as a Rock").
- Daniel Lebègue: French government official, who served as an administrator of finances and the economy.
- Jacques Milliez: French physician, professor and novelist.
- Georgi Asparuhov: Bulgarian footballer (d. 1971).
- Mihail Chemiakin: Russian painter and sculptor.
- Prasanta Pattanaik: Indian economist and academic.
- NL Ford Frick demonstrates revised balata ball to reporters by bouncing it on his office carpet ball proves to be 50% livelier