Monday 31 May 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Namath and Sharon Gless.
Bataan, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Human Comedy by William Saroyan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1943!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 May 1943 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Joe Namath: American football star who took the New York Jets to a winning season at the Super Bowl III.
- Sharon Gless: American actress whose greatest fame was as a detective in "Cagney and Lacey," from 1982, playing one of two female cops along with her partner Tyne Daly.
- Jean-Charles Foellner: French freemason, the grand master of 'La Grande Loge nationale française (GLNF)' from 2001 to 2007.
- Daniel Robin: French athlete, wrestler, he won two silver medals at the 1968 Olympics.
- Marie Bonal
- Sharon Gless in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Chris Cagney - Cagney and Lacey).
- Earl of: Macclesfield.
- Archie comic strip 1st broadcast on radio
- Cards Mort Cooper pitches 1st of back-to-back one-hitters
- "Archie" comic strip first broadcast on radio.
- Japanese forces are driven from Aleutian Islands, Alaska.
- Zoot Suit Riots begin
- The ''Zoot Suit Riots'' erupt between military personnel and Mexican American youths in East Los Angeles.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?