Monday 31 May 1943US date format: 5/31/1943, UK date format: 31/5/1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 31, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Namath and Sharon Gless.
Coney Island, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 May 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1943!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1943 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Joe Namath: American football star who took the New York Jets to a winning season at the Super Bowl III.
- Sharon Gless: American actress whose greatest fame was as a detective in "Cagney and Lacey," from 1982, playing one of two female cops along with her partner Tyne Daly.
- Sharon Gless in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Chris Cagney - Cagney and Lacey).
- Jean-Charles Foellner: French freemason, the grand master of 'La Grande Loge nationale française (GLNF)' from 2001 to 2007.
- Gale Sayers: Athlete.
- Marie Bonal
- Daniel Robin: French athlete, wrestler, he won two silver medals at the 1968 Olympics.
- Earl of: Macclesfield.
- Archie comic strip 1st broadcast on radio
- Cards Mort Cooper pitches 1st of back-to-back one-hitters
- "Archie" comic strip first broadcast on radio.
- Japanese forces are driven from Aleutian Islands, Alaska.
- Zoot Suit Riots begin
- The ''Zoot Suit Riots'' erupt between military personnel and Mexican American youths in East Los Angeles.