Thursday 6 May 1943US date format: 5/6/1943, UK date format: 6/5/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andreas Baader and Milton William Cooper.
The More the Merrier, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1943 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Andreas Baader: German militant anarchist and political activist.
- Milton William Cooper: American writer, shortwave broadcaster (Born 1943).
- James Turrell: American sculptor and illustrator.
- Milton Cooper: American theorist and author (d. 2001).
- Bill Cooper: American former Naval Intelligence officer who became deeply involved in the UFO culture.
- Wolfgang Reinhardt: German pole vaulter (d. 2011).
- James Kallstrom: American FBI agent and Chief of the New York division.
- Grange Calveley: English animator and screenwriter.
- British 1st Army opens assault on Tunis, Tunisia.
- WWII: Six U-boats are sunk after sinking 12 ships from Convoy ONS 5 in the last major North Atlantic U-boat quotwolfpackquot attack of the war.