Thursday 6 May 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andreas Baader and Bill Cooper.
The Ox-Bow Incident, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1943 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Andreas Baader: German militant anarchist and political activist.
- Bill Cooper: American former Naval Intelligence officer who became deeply involved in the UFO culture.
- James Kallstrom: American FBI agent and Chief of the New York division.
- Grange Calveley: English animator and screenwriter.
- Milton Cooper: American theorist and author (d. 2001).
- British 1st Army opens assault on Tunis, Tunisia.
- WWII: Six U-boats are sunk after sinking 12 ships from Convoy ONS 5 in the last major North Atlantic U-boat quotwolfpackquot attack of the war.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?