Wednesday 5 May 1943US date format: 5/5/1943, UK date format: 5/5/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Palin and Lyne Chardonnet.
The More the Merrier, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1943 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Michael Palin: British comedian, actor and writer.
- Lyne Chardonnet: French comedienne.
- Raphael : A worldwide acclaimed Spanish singer and television, film and theater actor.
- Nils Moritz: Estonian-Swedish actor.
- Ignacio Ramonet: Spanish journalist and author.
- Dilys Watling: English actress and singer.
- Postmaster General Frank C Walker invents Postal Zone System.