Saturday 15 May 1943US date format: 5/15/1943, UK date format: 15/5/1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 15, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicole Péry and Alan Mollohan.
Ossessione, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1943!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1943 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Nicole Péry
- Alan Mollohan: Politician.
- Harve Brosten: Comedy writer / producer / director (All in the Family).
- David Cronenberg: Canadian screenwriter and film director.
- Jack Bruce: Musician.
- Paul Bégin: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Freddie Perren: American songwriter producer and conductor (d. 2004).
- Liane Wade: American astrologer, a student since the mid-1980s.
- Halifax bombers sinks U-463
- Joseph Stalin dissolves the Comintern (or Third International).
- The Comintern is dissolved in Moscow.
- WWII: Operation Chastise by RAF 617 Sqdn are carried out on German dams.
- Holocaust: The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising ends.
- Greek physician Marco Nahon arrives at Auschwitz-Birkenau.