Monday 17 May 1943US date format: 5/17/1943, UK date format: 17/5/1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Coats and David Simeon.
Five Graves to Cairo, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1943!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1943 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Dan Coats: Politician.
- David Simeon: English actor.
- Johnny Warren: Australian footballer coach and sportscaster (d. 2004).
- Montagu Love: Actor (Wind), dies at 65.
- The United States Army contracts with the University of Pennsylvania's Moore School to develop the ENIAC.
- World War II: the Dambuster Raids by No. 617 Squadron RAF on German dams.
- The surviving RAF ''Dam Busters'' return.
- The ''Memphis Belle's'' crew becomes the first aircrew in the 8th Air Force to complete its 25-mission tour of duty. The aircraft and crew were the first to return to the U.S. intact for a War Bond drive.