Tuesday 11 May 1943US date format: 5/11/1943, UK date format: 11/5/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 11, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Clennon and Judith Jamison.
Ossessione, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 May 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1943!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1943 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Judith Jamison: Dancer.
- David Clennon: Actor.
- Arnie Satin: Rocker.
- George Edwards: Composer.
- Les Chadwick in Liverpool: England; bassist (Gerry and the Pacemakers - "Ferry Cross the Mersey").
- Juliet Harmer: English actress.
- Nancy Greene: Canada -- Giant slalom (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- US 7th division lands on Attu, Aleutian, (first US territory recaptured).
- Hermann Goering-division in Tunisia surrenders.
- World War II: American troops invade Attu Island in the Aleutian Islands in an attempt to expel occupying Japanese forces.