Monday 4 October 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Olaf Backasch and Skip Heller.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
Juliet of the Spirits, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Is Paris Burning? by Larry Collins and Dominique Lapierre was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Newcomers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 October 1965
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1965 ?
- Olaf Backasch: German footballer.
- Skip Heller: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer.
- Micky Ward: American boxer.
- Pickwick opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 56 performances
- USSR launches Luna 7; crash lands on Moon
- Becoming the first Pope to ever visit the United States of America and the Western hemisphere, Pope Paul VI arrives in New York.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- Fortunes - You've Got Your Troubles
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic
Top #10 R&B songs
- Joe Tex - I Want To (Do Everything For You)
- James Brown And The Famous Flames - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The "In" Crowd
- Bobby Bland - These Hands (Small But Mighty)
- Roy Head And The Traits - Treat Her Right
- Otis Redding - Respect
- The Temptations - Since I Lost My Baby
- The Miracles - The Tracks Of My Tears
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Cleo's Back
- The Dixie Drifter - Soul Heaven
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?