Thursday 28 October 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Floyd and Jami Gertz in Chicago.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
Juliet of the Spirits, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Games People Play by Eric Berne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching John Klings Abenteuer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1965 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Eric Floyd: NFL guard (Arizona Cardinals).
- Jami Gertz in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (Less the Zero, Crossroads, Solarbabies).
- Mark Carrier: American athlete, pro-football wide receiver, his professional career lasted from 1987-98.
- Guenther Huber: Italian skier in the International Olympic games in Nagano, Japan February 1998.
- Franck Sauzée: French international footballer and manager.
- Jami Gertz: American actress and producer
- David Warburton: English composer businessman and politician
- Miyako Yoshida: Japanese ballerina
- In St. Louis, Missouri, construction is completed on the Gateway Arch, a 630-foot-high parabola of stainless steel. The arch was erected to commemorate President Thomas Jefferson's Louisiana Purchase of 1803.
- Pope Paul VI proclaims Jews not collectively guilty for crucifixion.
- Construction on the St. Louis Arch is completed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Everybody Loves A Clown
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- The Vogues - You're The One
- Bob Dylan - Positively 4th Street
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?