Saturday 2 October 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Darren Cahill and Francesca Dellera [Cervellera].
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hang On Sloopy by The McCoys.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
The Agony and the Ecstasy, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Green Berets by Robin Moore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Donaug'schichten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1965 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Darren Cahill: Australia -- Tennis star.
- Francesca Dellera [Cervellera]: Rome, Italy -- Actress (Capriccio).
- Jill Powell in Jacksonville: Florida, USA; actress (Marcy - As the World Turns).
- Robert Goff: NFL defensive tackle (NO Saints).
- Roger Dube: Hockey forward (Team France 1998).
- [John] Selwyn (Brooke) Lloyd: British statesman.
- Dodgers beat Braves to clinch NL pennant
- Mel Stottlemyre wins game #20
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 October 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- Fortunes - You've Got Your Troubles
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- Sonny - Laugh At Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?