Monday 5 August 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Juan Carlos Paz and Claude Autant-Lara.
The 'Abbot' and 'Cresceus' Race, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while The Crisis by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1901 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Juan Carlos Paz: Composer.
- Claude Autant-Lara: French director, active in cinema from age 16 designing sets and costumes.
- Roger Deleplanque: Chantilly Journalist.
- Maurice Negre: St Laurent le Minier EXecutives.
- Victoria : British royal family, the Queen of England by the age of 18.
- Peter O'Connor sets the first IAAF recognised long jump world record of 24 ft 11 3/4 ins. The record will stand for 20 years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hello Central, Give Me Heaven - Byron G. Harlan
- When I Think of You - Mina Hickman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?