Sunday 25 August 1901
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kjeld Abell and Pierre Danhiez.
The 'Abbot' and 'Cresceus' Race, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while The Helmet of Navarre by Bertha Runkle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1901 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Kjeld Abell: Danish playwright / director (Tivoli).
- Pierre Danhiez: France Scientist.
- Auguste Pinton: Lyon 1er Politician.
- Clara Maass: Army nurse sacrificied her life at 25 to prove that the mosquito carries yellow fever.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweet Annie Moore - Harry Macdonough & S. H. Dudley
- J.W. Myers - In the Shade of the Palm
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?