Monday 19 August 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René Capitant and Jacques Pruvost.
The 'Abbot' and 'Cresceus' Race, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while The Crisis by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Star Map on 19 August 1901
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1901 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1901 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When You Were Sweet Sixteen - Harry Macdonough
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?