Tuesday 5 August 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 5, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elisabeth Depardieu and Carla Gravina.
The Little Foxes, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 August 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1941 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Elisabeth Depardieu
- Carla Gravina: Italian actress who appeared in 40 films between 1957 and 1993.
- Lenny Breau: American jazz guitarist (Born 1941).
- Bob Clark: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2007).
- Leonid Kizim: Ukrainian general pilot and astronaut (d. 2010).
- Ted Strickland: Politician.
- Airto Moreira: Brazilian-American drummer and composer (Return to Forever).
- Paul Mooney: Comedian.
- Leonid Denissovich Kizim: USSR -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz T-3, T-10, T-15).
- Élisabeth Guignot: French actress, writer, co-producer, ex-wife of actor Gérard Depardieu.