Monday 26 August 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maxwell Taylor and Jimmy Rushing.
The 'Abbot' and 'Cresceus' Race, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while Eben Holden by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1901 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Maxwell Taylor: American military, a graduate from West Point Academy in 1922 and rising to the ranks of General.
- Jimmy Rushing: American singer and bandleader (Oklahoma City Blue Devils) (d. 1972).
- Jan de Quay: Dutch Minister of war / Premier (KVP, 1959-63).
- Tullio Campagnolo: Italy -- Bicycle manufacturer (Fiat).
- Edward Douglas: Scottish ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Priest ordained May 1, 1924.
- Jan Quay: Netherlands Scientist.
- Eleanor Dark: Australian author and poet (d. 1985).
- Hans Kammler: German engineer and SS officer (disappeared in 1945).
- Chen Yi: Chinese general and politician 2nd Foreign Minister of the People's Republic of China (d. 1972).
- Gen Maxwell D Taylor: Former US Army Chief of Staff.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweet Annie Moore - Harry Macdonough & S. H. Dudley
- J.W. Myers - In the Shade of the Palm
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?