Saturday 10 August 1901
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Odette .
Arrival of Train at Station, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1901 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Chicago White Sox Frank Isbell strands record 11 teammate base runners.
- The U.S. Steel Recognition Strike by the Amalgamated Association of Iron and Steel Workers begins.