Wednesday 29 April 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ab Abspoel and Danny Davis.
Strike, directed by Sergei M. Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1925 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Ab Abspoel: Dutch actor / director (Surprise Attack, Elevator).
- Danny Davis: rocker (Nashville Brass).
- John Willner: American astrologer and writer, an electrical engineer by trade, and a student of Edgar Cayce, Willner was the creator of the INCARN rectification program.
- Ned Austin: American character actor (Born 1925).
- John Compton: Saint Lucian lawyer and politician 1st Prime Minister of Saint Lucia (d. 2007).
- Iwao Takamoto: American animator, producer and film director (d. 2007)
- Netherlands returns to gold standard
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When the One You Love Loves You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?