Sunday 5 December 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Rzeznik and John Rzeznik.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
A Patch of Blue, directed by Guy Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les saintes chéries.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1965 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Johnny Rzeznik: American singer, songwriter and guitarist (Goo Goo Dolls).
- John Rzeznik: Rock Singer.
- Tawny Morris: Family Member.
- Valeriy Spitsyn: Russian race walker.
- Manish Malhotra: Indian fashion designer.
- Wayne Smith: Jamaican rapper (d. 2014)
- Charles de Gaulle is re-elected as French president with 10,828,421 votes.
- Rhodesian prime minister Ian Smith warns that Rhodesia will resist a trade embargo by neighboring countries with force.
- The Race Relations Act becomes the first legislation to address racial discrimination in the United Kingdom.
- The Second Vatican Council closes.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 December 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?