Wednesday 8 December 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Truitt and Teresa Weatherspoon.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Flight of the Phoenix, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Power Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1965 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Greg Truitt: NFL safety / linebacker (Cincinnati Bengals).
- Teresa Weatherspoon: WNBA guard (New York Liberty).
- Troy Sadowski: NFL tight end (Cincinnati Bengals).
- Luca Cantagalli: Italian member of the Men's Volleyball Team that won a Bronze Medal at the Atlanta Olympics on 8/04/1996.
- David Harewood: English actor.
- Nikolai Podgorny succeeds Mikojan as President of the USSR
- Pope Paul VI signs second Vatican council.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 December 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Dean Martin - I Will
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?