Saturday 4 December 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rob Smits and Alex de la Iglesia.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
A Patch of Blue, directed by Guy Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les saintes chéries.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1965 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Rob Smits: Pop drummer (Kong / Phlegm).
- Alex de la Iglesia: Spanish film director.
- Álex de la Iglesia: Spanish director producer and screenwriter.
- Shaun Hollamby: English race car driver and businessman.
- Roar of the Greasepaint closes at Shubert NYC after 232 performances
- 2 passenger planes collide above Danbury, Conn, 4 die
- Gemini 7 (Borman & Lovell) launched
- Two passenger planes collide above Danbury, Connecticut, USA; four die.
- Gemini 7 is launched with two astronauts (Borman and Lovell).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 December 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?