Sunday 19 December 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chuckii Booker and Chito Martinez.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Airs Above The Ground by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Power Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1965 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chuckii Booker: Rocker.
- Chito Martinez: Belizean baseball player.
- Chito Martínez: Belizean-American baseball player.
- Jessica Steen: Toronto, Ontario -- Actress (Earth II, Homefront, Trial & Error).
- French President Charles De Gaulle re-elected (Mitterrand gets 45 percent).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- The McCoys - Fever
- Dean Martin - I Will
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?