Thursday 9 December 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Savage in Livdnia and Caryn Kadavy in Erie.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Battle of the Bulge, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Power Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1965 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Brad Savage in Livdnia: Michigan, USA; actor (Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice).
- Caryn Kadavy in Erie: Pennsylvania, USA; figure skater.
- Karla Nelson in Pine City: Minnesota, USA; bodybuilder-Ms America (1993).
- Vecepia Towery American Survivor contestant Winner of Survivor: Marquesas.
- Ariane Massenet: French journalist, and television and radio host.
- Joe Ausanio: American baseball player and coach
- A Charlie Brown Christmas, premieres
- Nikolai Podgorny replaces Anastas Mikoyan as President of Presidium (USSR).
- Frank Robinson is traded from Cincinnati Reds to the Baltimore Orioles.
- The Kecksburg UFO incident: a fireball is seen from Michigan to Pennsylvania; witnesses report something crashing in the woods near Pittsburgh. In 2005 NASA admits that it examined the object.
- ''A Charlie Brown Christmas'', the first ''Peanuts'' television special, debuts on CBS, quickly becoming an annual tradition.
- Caribbean Free Trade Association (CARIFTA) formed.
- Tanzania and Guinea sever diplomatic relations with the United Kingdom.
- ''Gemini 6'' and ''Gemini 7'' perform the first controlled rendezvous in Earth orbit.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 December 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Dean Martin - I Will
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?