Saturday 25 December 1965, Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kathleen Luciano in Munich and Dmitri Mironov in Moscow.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Over And Over by The Dave Clark Five.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pater Brown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1965!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 December 1965 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Kathleen Luciano in Munich: Germany; WPVA volleyball player (Nationals-17th-1993).
- Dmitri Mironov in Moscow: Russia; NHL defenseman (Pittsburgh Penguins, Anaheim Mighty Ducks).
- Ed Davey: English politician Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change.
- David Rath: Czech physician and politician.
- The Yemeni Nasserite Unionist People's Organisation is founded in Taiz
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- The McCoys - Fever
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?