Saturday 5 June 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hélène Cixous and Stanley Lunetta.
A Day at the Races, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while The Years by Virginia Woolf was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1937!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 June 1937 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Hélène Cixous: French feminist writer, poet, playwright, philosopher, literary critic and rhetorician.
- Stanley Lunetta: Composer.
- Helene Cixous: French writer, poet.
- Kari Simonsen: Norwegian actress of theatre, TV, and film.
- 69th Belmont: Charley Kurtsinger aboard War Admiral wins in 2:28.6
- Henry Ford initiates 32 hour work week
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?