Saturday 5 February 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Guare and Dick van.
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 February 1938 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- John Guare: American writer, considered one of the nation’s best young playwrights in the 1960s and 1970s, attaining critical and popular success at a relatively early age with his award-winning plays, "Muzeeka," "The House of Blue Leaves," and a musical adaptation of "The Two Gentlemen of Verona.
- Dick van: Niehoff; Dutch vocalist (Fouryo).
- Jean Bleustein: Neuilly sur Seine EXecutives.
- Rafael Navia: Colombian lawyer jurist and diplomat.
- Hans Litten: German jurist (Born 1903).
- Hans Engnestangen skates world record 500 metre (41.8 seconds).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?