Sunday 5 March 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 5, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Samantha Eggar and Judy Grinham.
Inspector Hornleigh, directed by Eugene Forde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1939 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Samantha Eggar: English actress and singer.
- Judy Grinham: European, British Empire and National backstroke swimming champion, winning the Olympic Title 12/1946 and creating a record unbroken for 32 years.
- Jean-Paul Escande: Brive physician.
- Benyamin Sueb: Indonesian comedian actor and singer (d. 1995).
- Charles Fuller: US writer (Zooman, Soldier Story).
- Pierre Wynants: Belgian chef.
- Peter Woodcock: Canadian murderer (d. 2010).
- Terry Curry: English multi-millionaire.