Monday 5 March 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.
21 Jump Street, directed by Phil Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Social Path.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anarchy Reigns or Asura's Wrath.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 5 March 2012 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 March
- Refugees fleeing Homs in Syria accuse security forces of committing atrocities there. (BBC)
- At least 2 people are killed and 6 injured after a shooting in a hair salon in Bucharest, Romania. (Fox News)
- Gunmen disguised as police kill 27 members of Iraq's security forces in the town of Haditha. (Reuters)
- The death toll in a battle between the Yemeni Army and Al-Qaeda on the outskirts of Zinjibar yesterday rises to over 130. (Al Jazeera)
- A soldier from Burundi is killed in an explosion in northern Mogadishu, Somalia. (IOL)
- ''The Lorax'' brings in US$70.7M during its opening weekend, the highest opener of 2012, and fifth highest total for an animated film ever. (CBS News)
- South East Queensland is hit by severe weather with one person dead so far. (''Courier Mail'')
- The death toll from Tropical Storm Irina in Madagascar is estimated at 65. (AFP via Google News)
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and US President Barack Obama meet at the White House. (BBC)
- Felipe Calderon, the President of Mexico, asks Joe Biden, the vice-President of the United States for assistance in stopping the flow of money and weapons into Mexico. (AP via ''The Guardian'')
- The Sea Shepherd anti-whaling organisation claims to have closed down Japan's main whaling ship, the ''Nisshin Maru'', deep inside the Southern Ocean off the Antarctic coast. (''WA Today'')
- The United States files an application in New Zealand to extradite Kim Dotcom and three of his associates in MegaUpload to face charges of breaching copyright. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- The trial of former Prime Minister of Iceland Geir Haarde on charges of negligence in relation to the financial crisis begins in Reykjavik. (BBC)
- Russian election aftermath:
- International observers from the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe find that the Russian presidential election was skewed in favour of Vladimir Putin. (AFP via ''The Australian'')
- Moscow Police arrest dozens of protesters against the conduct of the election including prominent members of opposition parties Sergei Udaltsov, Ilya Yashin and Alexey Navalny. (RIA Novosti)
- A study finds a correlation between snoring as a toddler and behavior problems later in childhood. (BBC)
- Merck announces that a new drug, ragweed AIT, significantly reduced ragweed allergy symptoms in a Phase III clinical trial. (''Fox Business'')
- The Apple App Store passes 25 billion downloads. (CNET)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 March 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?