Friday 2 March 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Part Of Me by Katy Perry.
God Bless America, directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Quiet by Susan Cain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching ArmComedy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes or Bullet Run.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 March 2012 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 March
- The Red Cross is denied access to the Baba Amr district of Homs following its capture by the Syrian Army despite having been granted permission earlier to provide relief to 4,000 residents. (''The New York Times'')
- At least 33 people die in a clash between the Pakistan Army and militants in Tirah Valley in the Bara area of Khyber. (Reuters)
- The Russian Army kills two militants in the village of Mutsalaul in Dagestan's Khasavyurt district. (RIA Novosti)
- The US space agency NASA claims that it was hacked 13 times last year compromising security. (''New York Times'')
- 25 of the 27 members of the European Union sign a new ampquotfiscal compactampquot, the exceptions being the United Kingdom and the Czech Republic. (BBC)
- Nestlé and Danone are said to be bidding for the infant nutrition business that Pfizer is about to put up for sale. (Reuters)
- Moody's Investor Services cuts Greece's credit rating to C claiming that there is a still a significant risk of default despite the Eurozone bailout. (BBC)
- Anglican Church officials in Christchurch, New Zealand, announce that the 131-year-old landmark ChristChurch Cathedral will need to be demolished, having suffered severe damage from the 2011 Christchurch earthquake and its aftershocks. (''The Press Christchurch'')
- Australian floods:
- Residents in the New South Wales town of Bega evacuate as the Australian flood crisis continues to worsen. (Bloomberg)
- Warragamba Dam, Sydney's main dam, reaches its capacity, leading to the evacuation of residents in southwestern Sydney and flooding of major roads at Windsor and Richmond. (News Limited)
- US tornado outbreak
- Tornados hit the midwestern and southern United States two days after the 2012 Leap Day tornado outbreak. (''USA Today'')
- Widespread damage is reported in southern Indiana with the towns of Marysville, Indiana and Henryville, Indiana worst affected. (''The New York Times'')
- Steve Beshear, the Governor of Kentucky, declares a state of emergency due to widespread damage. (AP via Google)
- Around 30 people are injured and six of them taken to hospital when a stand collapses in Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden, during a concert with Avicii. (Aftonbladet)
- The Indian Intelligence Bureau launches an inquiry into whether the office of Defence Minister A. K. Antony had been bugged. (NDTV)
- The International Criminal Court issues an arrest warrant for Abdelrahim Mohamed Hussein, Sudan's Defence Minister, on war crimes charges in connection to Darfur. (Al Jazeera)
- BP and plaintiffs reach an agreement over compensation for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. (AP via ABC News America)
- Iranian elections:
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 March 2012
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Dresden : 0 - 2
- Duisburg - Greuther Furth : 0 - 2
- Ingolstadt - Union Berlin : 3 - 3
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- La Coruna - Alcorcon : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Arles - Angers : 2 - 2
- Bastia - Boulogne : 2 - 0
- Chateauroux - Reims : 1 - 1
- Guingamp - Amiens : 1 - 1
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Hull : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?