Thursday 22 March 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
21 Jump Street, directed by Phil Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Private Games by James Patterson and Mark Sullivan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Banking Bad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace of Spades or Confrontation.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 22 March 2012 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 March
- The President of Mali, Amadou Toumani Touré, is ousted in a coup d'état after mutinous soldiers attack government offices.
- Midi-Pyrénées shootings suspected perpetrator Mohammed Merah dies and three French policemen are injured as a siege ends outside Merah's Toulouse flat. (BBC)
- Mali coup d'état during the insurgency in northern Mali:
- Soldiers storm the palace of the President Amadou Toumani Touré with heavy gunfire reported in Bamako as part of a coup d'etat. (Reuters)
- Captain Amadou Sanogo, the President of the newly-formed National Committee for the Restoration of Democracy and State (CNRDR), declares an immediate curfew. (Reuters)
- Syrian uprising:
- Syrian armed forces continue to shell the city of Hama and at least 59 civilians are reported killed across Syria, in Idlib, Homs, Hama, Daraa, Lattakia, Aleppo and Damascus. (CNN)
- 12 people are killed in an operation against PKK rebels in southeastern Turkey. (AFP)
- Several thousands of students in Montreal, Canada protest against proposed post-secondary education tuition hikes. (CBC News)
- The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office says that Whitney Houston's official cause of death was drowning as a result of cocaine use. (CNN)
- Ireland officially falls back into recession. (BBC)
- Portuguese trade unions hold a 24-hour strike in protest of austerity measures. (AFP via Google News)
- In the United States, about 350,000 people filed for unemployment benefits, hitting a four-year low, according to the United States Labor Department. (CNN)
- A massive fire raging on Mount Kenya devours thousands of hectares of ancient forests and threatens wildlife. (Al Jazeera)
- A large fire sweeps through Hatibagan market, one of the oldest in the Indian city of Calcutta, destroying most of the buildings. (BBC)
- More bodies are dug out of the wreck of the ''Costa Concordia''. (Al Jazeera)
- The United Nations Human Rights Council urges Sri Lanka to ampquotcredibly investigateampquot possible war crimes committed during the Sri Lankan Civil War. (''Daily Times of Pakistan'')
- South Sudan invites Sudan to discuss outstanding issues next month between the two countries that nearly resulted in a war. (IOL)
- The United Nations appoints a special rapporteur to investigate the situation in Tibet, after hunger strikes occured outside the United Nations Headquarters building in New York City. (AFP)
- The parents of an unarmed black teen boy killed by gunshot wound in a suburb of Orlando in the U.S. state of Florida address a mass rally in New York to call for justice. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 March 2012
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Espanol : 1 - 1
- Malaga - Vallecano : 4 - 2
- Santander - Sevilla : 0 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?