Tuesday 6 March 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.
21 Jump Street, directed by Phil Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Social Path.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amy or Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 6 March 2012 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 March
- A South Korean panel identifies the 95 Koreans who died in the US bombing of Tokyo during World War II. (Yonhap)
- At least 39 people are killed across Syria, while the Red Cross states that it is still unable to deliver aid to the besieged Bab Amr neighborhood of Homs. (CNN)
- A gunman kills the headmaster of the Episcopal School of Jacksonville in Jacksonville, Florida, USA, and then kills himself. (CNN)
- Robert B. Sherman, half of the American songwriting duo the Sherman Brothers, dies at the age of 86. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Lehman Brothers emerges from bankruptcy protection. (BBC)
- Turkish Airlines begins a service to Somalia, the first regular service to the capital Mogadishu except regional East African flights to operate in twenty years. (''The Guardian'')
- Approximately 9,000 residents of the Australian town of Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, are evacuated as the Murrumbidgee River nears record levels threatening the town's levee. (SBS)
- A 5.2 magnitude earthquake occurs in the Philippines near Masbate City on the island of Masbate causing some injuries. (AP via ''Seattle Post-Intelligencer'')
- Human Rights Watch claims that the Government of Japan has been too slow in providing health care to survivors of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. (Alertnet)
- A Saudi Arabian diplomat is killed in the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka. (''Times of India'')
- Iran states that it will allow International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors access to its Parchin military complex. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy announces his plan to cut immigration to France by half. (BBC)
- The European Commission is involved in controversy over a video promoting EU enlargement that is perceived as racist. (BBC)
- Businessman Allen Stanford is convicted of running a US$7 billion Ponzi scheme. (''New York Times'')
- Retired British businessman Christopher Tappin is denied bail in the US state of Texas as he faces arms dealing charges. (''The Guardian'')
- Japan's Securities and Exchange Surveillance Commission says that it will lodge criminal charges against Olympus Corporation as well as former advisers and executives over an accounting fraud. (Reuters)
- Law enforcement agencies in the United States, United Kingdom and Ireland arrest alleged senior members of the computer hacking group Lulz Sec, including a member of the FBI. (''The Guardian'')
- Cyrenaican bid for semi-autonomy:
- Cyrenaica, the eastern Libyan region, announces a bid for semi-autonomy. (Al Jazeera)
- Ahmed al-Senussi, a relative of Libya's former king Idris, is announced as the leader of the Cyrenaica Transitional Council. (Reuters)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 March 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?