Monday 19 March 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
21 Jump Street, directed by Phil Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Banking Bad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beatmania IIDX 20: Tricoro or Crazy Cars: Hit the Road.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 March 2012 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 March
- Syrian uprising:
- At least 30 people are reported killed in fighting between Syrian rebels and government forces in the Damascus neighborhood of al-Mazzeh. (CNN)
- Russian anti-terror troops reportedly enter Syria. (Fox News)
- Confidential documents that surfaced provide a look into the regime's strategy to suppress the anti-government protests. (''The Guardian'')
- Bahraini uprising: Bahraini opposition groups prepare to talk to the ruling monarchy as the government continues to crackdown on protests across the nation. (Al Jazeera)
- Indonesian police kill five men suspected of planning robberies in order to fund terrorism. (BBC)
- A rabbi and his two children, along with the daughter of the school principal, are killed by an attacker at a Jewish school in Toulouse, France. (''The Times of Israel'')
- The Somali National Theatre reopens in Mogadishu more than two decades after it was closed amid civil war. (BBC)
- Public sector workers in the German states of Lower Saxony and Bremen begin a 24-hour strike as part of pay negotiations. (DW)
- Wendy's becomes the second best selling hamburger chain in the USA, overtaking Burger King. (CNN)
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit rules against a First Amendment free speech challenge to a regulation by the Food and Drug Administration requiring that tobacco companies put graphic images on their cigarette packaging. The imagery is designed to discourage smoking. (Reuters)
- A gravel ship sinks off the coast of Taiwan with six crew members dead and two missing. (AP via ''Greenfields Reporter'')
- Six tourists are buried in an avalanche in Kaafjord, Norway, leaving four dead and one missing. (BBC)
- The International Atomic Energy Agency receives an invitation from North Korea to visit. (Al Jazeera)
- The European Union threatens trade sanctions against Iceland and the Faroe Isles over a disagreement about fishing rights. (RTE)
- Swiss Judge Laurent Kasper-Ansermet resigns from the international war crimes tribunal in Cambodia. (BBC)
- A man is arrested following a break-in at the home of the Irish minister for Justice, Alan Shatter, in Dublin. (BBC)
- An Interpol arrest warrant is issued for Michael Misick, former Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands on corruption charges. (''Miami Herald'')
- Demonstrations occur against Maldivian President Mohammed Waheed Hassan, accused of taking power in a coup, as he attempts to open parliament for the second time this month. (Al Jazeera)
- The President of East Timor José Ramos-Horta concedes defeat in the East Timorese presidential election with Taur Matan Ruak and Francisco Guterres likely to contest a runoff in April. (AP via ''Newsday'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 March 2012
Serie AItalian Football
- Roma - Genoa : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Espanol - Santander : 3 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Le Mans - Reims : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?