Tuesday 20 March 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
21 Jump Street, directed by Phil Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Banking Bad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brain Age: Concentration Training or Dream PetHouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 March 2012 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 March
- Human Rights Watch raises claims of serious human rights abuses in a clash between Myanmar Armed Forces and the Kachin Independence Army in a dispute in Kachin State that has displaced approximately 75,000 people. (Reuters)
- At least 50 are killed and more than 240 injured in a wave of terror attacks across 10 cities in Iraq. (AFP via ''The Australian'')
- Militants attack Somalia's presidential palace in Mogadishu for the second night running. (Reuters)
- ''John Carter'' records one of the biggest losses in cinema history, forcing Disney to take a $200 million writedown. (BBC)
- Jamie Waylett is convicted of participating in violent disorder and handling stolen goods, but cleared of intent to destroy or damage property during last year's riots throughout England. Waylett is jailed for two years. (BBC)
- India's official poverty rate falls to an all-time record low of 29.8% for the 2009-2010 survey. (BBC)
- The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously rejects two patents held by Prometheus Laboratories, a unit of Nestlé S.A., continuing a trend in recent years toward a narrowing of the grounds of patentability. (Reuters)
- A 7.4-magnitude earthquake strikes near the border of the Mexican states of Guerrero and Oaxaca. (AP via Newsday)
- Record breaking rainfall hits northern New Zealand. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- A train crash in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh leaves 15 people dead after the train collided with a vehicle. (BBC)
- A Pakistani parliamentary committee calls for an end to NATO drone strikes and an apology for an air strike in November 2011 that killed 24 Pakistani Army soldiers. (''Dawn'')
- Ross Mirkarimi, the head of the Sheriff's Department in the US city of San Francisco is put on probation for three years for false imprisonment of his wife on New Years Eve 2011. (''Los Angeles Times'' via ''Boston Herald'')
- Media reports in the People's Republic of China claim that former Chongqing Communist Party boss Bo Xilai interfered in a police investigation into a family member before he was dismissed. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Voters in the US state of Illinois go to the polls for the Republican primary with Mitt Romney projected as the winner. (Fox News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 March 2012
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona - Granada : 5 - 3
- Osasuna - Getafe : 0 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Brighton - Derby : 2 - 0
- Bristol City - Watford : 0 - 2
- Crystal Palace - Barnsley : 1 - 0
- Doncaster - Millwall : 0 - 3
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Alfreton Town - Mansfield : 3 - 6
- Cambridge - Newport County : 1 - 1
- Forest Green - Luton : 3 - 0
- Gateshead - Bath City : 1 - 0
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Falkirk - Morton : 0 - 2
- Hamilton - Dundee : 3 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?