Tuesday 16 January 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Willem Aantjes and Roy Lanham.
Oliver Twist, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1923 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Willem Aantjes: Dutch political leader (CDA).
- Roy Lanham: rocker (Sons of the Pioneers).
- Anton-Günther : Duke of Oldenburg (d. 2014).
- Martin Stokken: Norway -- Nordic relay (1952 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Anthony Hecht: American soldier poet and academic (d. 2004).
- Keith Shackleton: English painter and television host (d. 2015).
- Gene Feist: American director and playwright co-founded the Roundabout Theatre Company (d. 2014).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Goodbye - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- Nellie Kelly, I Love You - Prince's Orchestra