Tuesday November 5, 1974US date format: 11/5/1974, UK date format: 5/11/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 5, 1974). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ryan Adams and Dado Pršo.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet by Bachman-Turner Overdrive.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Murder on the Orient Express, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Dogs Of War by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Leutnant vom Schwanenkietz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1974 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Ryan Adams: American musician.
- Dado Pršo: Croatian footballer and coach.
- Jerry Stackhouse: NBA guard / forward (Detroit Pistons, Philadelphia 76ers).
- Louise Nurding: Musician.
- Angela Gossow: German singer-songwriter (Arch Enemy).
- Stafford Repp: American actor (Born 1918).
- Dmitri Sjotakovitch completes Michelangelo-liederen
- Ella Grasso (Ct) elected 1st woman US gov not related to previous gov
- Walter E Washington becomes first elected mayor of Washington DC.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
- Carole King - Jazzman
- John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
- America - Tin Man
- John Denver - Back Home Again
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- Do It ('Til You're Satisfied) - B.T. Express
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Reunion - Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)
- Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway
Top #10 R&B songs
- Latimore - Let's Straighten It Out
- Party Down - Part 1 - Little Beaver
- Kool & The Gang - Higher Plane
- B.T. Express - Do It ('til You're Satisfied)
- Shirley Brown - Woman To Woman
- Love Don't Love Nobody - Pt. I - The Spinners
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- The Independents - Let This Be A Lesson To You
- Tavares - She's Gone
- Sugar Pie Guy Pt. 1 - The Joneses
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?