Monday 18 November 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chloe Sevigny and Anne-Lise Bardet.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can Help by Billy Swan.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Murder on the Orient Express, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carre was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Soundstage.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1974!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 November 1974 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Chloe Sevigny: American actress.
- Anne-Lise Bardet: French slalom canoer who competed in the 1990s and 2000s.
- Petter Solberg: Norwegian race car driver.
- Autumn Smith: Miss USA-Alabama (1997, top 10).
- Chloë Sevigny: American actress, fashion designer, and former model.
- Graham Coughlan: Irish footballer and coach.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- America - Tin Man
- Neil Diamond - Longfellow Serenade
- Carl Carlton - Everlasting Love
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- John Denver - Back Home Again
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 November 1974
- Kansas City Chiefs - Denver Broncos : 42 - 34
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?