Saturday November 9, 1974US date format: 11/9/1974, UK date format: 9/11/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 1974). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alessandro Del Piero and Elsa Fayer.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet by Bachman-Turner Overdrive.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Murder on the Orient Express, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Leutnant vom Schwanenkietz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1974 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Alessandro Del Piero: Italian footballer.
- Elsa Fayer
- Giovanna Mezzogiorno: Italian actress, the daughter of actors Vittorio Mezzogiorno and Cecilia Sacchi.
- Ryo Kase: Japanese actor.
- Matthew Rhys: Actor.
- Joe C: American rapper and actor (d. 2000).
- Masashi Kishimoto: Artist.
- Dah-ve Chodan: Actress (Tia-Uncle Buck).
- Traci Toguchi: Honolulu, Hawaii -- Miss America - Hawaii (1996).
- Egon Joseph Wellesz: Austria -- Composer / musicologist, dies at 89.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
- Carole King - Jazzman
- John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
- America - Tin Man
- John Denver - Back Home Again
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- Do It ('Til You're Satisfied) - B.T. Express
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Reunion - Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)
- Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway
Top #10 R&B songs
- Latimore - Let's Straighten It Out
- Party Down - Part 1 - Little Beaver
- Kool & The Gang - Higher Plane
- B.T. Express - Do It ('til You're Satisfied)
- Shirley Brown - Woman To Woman
- Love Don't Love Nobody - Pt. I - The Spinners
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- The Independents - Let This Be A Lesson To You
- Tavares - She's Gone
- Sugar Pie Guy Pt. 1 - The Joneses
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?