Friday 29 November 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cyril Dessel and Marie-Celine Grandjean.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can Help by Billy Swan.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Emmanuelle, directed by Just Jaeckin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Münchner Geschichten.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1974 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Cyril Dessel: French road racing cyclist, who competed as a professional from 2000 to 2011.
- Marie-Celine Grandjean: French accidental fatality, one of six people killed on 1/26/l995 at Toul when a crane collapsed on the high school.
- Lin Chi-ling: Taiwanese model and actress.
- Pavol Demitra: Dubnica, Slovakia -- NHL right wing (Ottawa Senators, Blues).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Neil Diamond - Longfellow Serenade
- Carl Carlton - Everlasting Love
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
- Helen Reddy - Angie Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?