Thursday 5 November 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 5, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Fireflies by Owl City.
The Blind Side, directed by John Lee Hancock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fear Clinic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Another Code: R – A Journey into Lost Memories or Cars Race-O-Rama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 5 November 2009 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 November
- Felix Luna: Argentine historian (Born 1925).
- US Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan kills 13 and wounds 30 at Fort Hood, Texas in the largest mass shooting at a US military installation.
- The Swedish and Finnish authorities give a permit to build the controversial Nord Stream gas pipeline in their exclusive economic zones. (Reuters)
- A U2 concert held at the Brandenburg Gate to mark the 20th anniversary of the Berlin Wall's fall is controversial when a wall is built around the venue. (''The Irish Times'')
- Saudi Arabia lifts a nine-year ban on Somali livestock imports, reopening Somalia's main export market. (Voice of America)
- An international team of scientists announces that the genome of the domestic horse has been successfully sequenced. (''The Himalayan Times'')
- Venezuela deploys 15,000 troops to its border with Colombia. (AP)
- The International Criminal Court is to open an investigation into the 2007 Kenyan post-election violence in which more than 1,000 people died. (Kenya Broadcasting Corporation)
- A United Nations court imposes a defense lawyer on former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadžić, and postpones his trial until March 2010. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai ends his boycott of the unity government. (Xinhua)
- Thailand and Cambodia recall their ambassadors over the Cambodian government appointment of former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. (Xinhua)
- Hurricane Ida makes landfall in Nicaragua. (CNN)
- The United Nations is to pull non-essential staff out of Afghanistan after an increase in violence in the country. (Al Arabiya)
- France's Europe Minister Pierre Lellouche describes the UK's Conservative Party pledge to return powers from Brussels to London as ampquotpatheticampquot. (Bloomberg)
- Two senior Indonesian officials resign over a plot to weaken the anti-corruption agency. (Al Jazeera)
- Paraguay's President Fernando Lugo replaces top military commanders amid rumours of a coup d'état. (CNN)
- China postpones a plan to raise the Three Gorges reservoir to its ideal height due to lack of water. (BBC)
- Ratu Epeli Nailatikau is sworn in as President of Fiji, succeeding Ratu Josefa Iloilo who retired in July 2009. (''Radio New Zealand International'')
- South Africa's Olympic governing body suspends Leonard Chuene, the President of Athletics South Africa, and apologises to Caster Semenya over the controversy it generated over her gender. (''The Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Forever - Drake Featuring Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z + Alicia Keys
- Papers - Usher
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- Number One - R. Kelly Featuring Keri Hilson
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- Esclavo De Sus Besos - David Bisbal
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Shakira - Loba
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Mi Cama Huele A Ti - Tito "El Bambino" El Parton Featuring Zion & Lennox
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
Top #10 Rock songs
- Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
- Foo Fighters - Wheels
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Jars - Chevelle
- Muse - Uprising
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- Pearl Jam - The Fixer
- You're Going Down - Sick Puppies
- Savior - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $44.06
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $59.81
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $64.03
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $48.37
- 1 CHF = 6.714 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4044 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.953 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.215 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?