Friday 27 November 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Tempted by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Birthday Party Bash or Bonsai Barber.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 27 November 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 November
- Hundreds of people attend the funeral held for a police officer who died when a bridge collapsed in Workington, Cumbria. (BBC)
- A Russian high-speed passenger train traveling on the Moscow – Saint Petersburg Railway derails near Uglovka in a suspected terrorist attack, killing 26 people and injuring more than 100. (BBC)
- Tiger Woods, the world's number one golfer, is hospitalised after sustaining injuries in a car crash in Orlando, Florida, USA. (''The Irish Times'')
- The World Health Organization reports a one-week global increase of more than 1,000 deaths (85% increase in Europe) from the pandemic H1N1/09 virus. (World Health Organization)
- A ferry carrying over 1000 people partially sinks in the Tetulia river in southern Bangladesh, trapping an unknown number of people. (''The Daily Star'')
- The International Atomic Energy Agency passes a resolution 25-3 condemning Iran for developing a secret uranium enrichment site. (RIA Novosti)
- Vanuatu's Prime Minister Edward Natapei loses his parliamentary seat after he missed three consecutive sittings without submitting an explanation. (Xinhua)
- Voters in Namibia vote in a general election. (AFP)
- At the Khmer Rouge war crimes trial, Kaing Guek Eav, known as Duch, pleads to be released. (AP)
- Great Britain and Ireland floods:
- Prince Charles visits areas of Cumbria hit by the recent floods. (''The Guardian'')
- Royal Engineers from the British Army begin construction of a temporary footbridge over the River Derwent. (BBC)
- The Irish Farmers' Association begins an operation to distribute emergency supplies of donated fodder to Ireland's flood-hit regions as the River Shannon rises further, threatening Limerick City. (RTÉ)
- Multibillion-dollar debt problems of Emirati investment company Dubai World, including the possibility of default, upset markets worldwide. (MarketWatch)
- The China National Space Administration sets a launch date of October 2010 for Chang'e 2, its second lunar orbiter. (AP)
- The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting 2009 opens with the following issues on its agenda: discussion of climate change ahead of the December United Nations Climate Change Conference Rwanda's admission into the Commonwealth of Nations and Sri Lanka's bid to host the 2011 meeting. (BBC)
- South Korea's Truth and Reconciliation Commission acknowledges the government's execution of 5,000 civilians accused of sympathizing with North Korea during the early months of the Korean War. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The Ugandan parliament passes a controversial land bill, criticised by the Buganda kingdom. (''New Vision'')
- Franz Josef Jung resigns as Germany's Minister of Labour and Social Affairs following allegations of covering up the Kunduz airstrike, during which he served as Minister of Defence. (BBC)
- President of the European Commission José Manuel Barroso nominates a new team of commissioners for his second five-year term. (''The New York Times'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 November 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?