Sunday 22 November 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Fireflies by Owl City.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Tempted by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth or Cricket Revolution.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 22 November 2009 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 November
- An Algerian court acquits Abdulli Feghoul, who had been detained at Guantanamo Bay detention camp without trial for almost seven years. (BBC)
- Efren Peñaflorida, who started a ampquotpushcart classroomampquot in the Philippines to provide education to poor children, is named the 2009 CNN Hero of the Year. (CNN)
- Three Royal National Lifeboat Institution crew members are located ampquotin good conditionampquot after their boat capsizes off County Wexford in Ireland. (RTÉ)
- At least seven people are killed and more than 55 injured in a bombing in Assam, northeastern India. (UPI)
- A 400lb bomb partially explodes outside the headquarters of the Policing Board in Belfast, Northern Ireland. In another incident, three men are arrested after a shooting incident involving PSNI officers in the border village of Garrison, County Fermanagh. (RTÉ)
- Romanians go to the polls for the first round of the presidential election and to vote on proposed parliamentary reform. (BBC)
- Jeong Nam-gyu, one of South Korea's most prolific serial killers, commits suicide in his cell on death row. (''New York Times'')
- Former Iranian Vice President Mohammad-Ali Abtahi who was sentenced to six years imprisonment in connection with the June election protests is released on bail. (AFP)
- 2009 Azerbaijan-Armenia negotiations in Munich: Azerbaijan and Armenia hold talks on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Azerbaijan has warned that the meeting of presidents in Munich will be ampquotdecisiveampquot and that its troops are ready to take the territory by force unless there is a breakthrough in negotiations. (Reuters)
- Debate is stoked over whether scientists have overstated the case for man-made climate change after computer hackers break into a server at University of East Anglia, the well-respected climate change research center. (''Washington Post'')
- An Indonesian ferry carrying over 200 passengers sinks off the cost of Sumatra. (''China Daily'')
- The United States Senate votes to allow a debate on the healthcare reform bill. The debate is to begin on November 30, 2009. (MSNBC)amp!-- this broke after midnight UTC, please do not move it to ampquotyesterdayampquot without discussion --amp
- The number killed in an explosion in Heilongjiang province, China rises to 92. (''New York Times'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 November 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?