Sunday 15 November 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 15, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatcha Say by Jason DeRulo.
Brothers, directed by Jim Sheridan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Magellan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth or Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 November 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 15 November 2009 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 November
- Antonio de Nigris: Mexican footballer (Born 1978).
- The Metro Gold Line extension opens in East Los Angeles and Boyle Heights after decades of planning. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Domenico Raccuglia, considered one of Italy's 30 most dangerous fugitives, is arrested after 15 years on the run. (AFP)
- Belle de Jour, the best-selling author of ''The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl'', identifies herself as Dr. Brooke Magnanti, a specialist in cancer epidemiology at the Bristol Initiative for Research of Child Health. (AP)
- Four people are hospitalised and at least 60 others are injured at Millennium Point in Birmingham during a performance by JLS. The rest of the event is cancelled. (BBC)
- Prime Minister Gordon Brown apologises for the role of the United Kingdom in sending thousands of children to former colonies in the 20th century. (RTÉ)
- Kosovars go to the polls for the first local elections since declaring independence from Serbia. (Xinhua)
- U.S. President Barack Obama becomes the first U.S. President to meet with Burma's military government, calling for the release of Aung San Suu Kyi and other political prisoners. (''Bangkok Post'')
- APEC leaders say a deal on global warming will not be possible before next month's United Nations summit in Denmark. (''The Times'')
- Colombia announces it will release four detained members of the Venezuelan National Guard who were arrested on Colombian territory. (Press TV)
- A group of Cuban dissidents holed up in a house in Havana begin a liquid-only fast. (CNN)
- The Nigerian rebel group Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta announces it has begun peace talks with the government. (Reuters)
- Iran's Parliament approves President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's final three ministerial choices. (Xinhua)
- Chechen security forces kill up to 20 anti-government fighters southwest of the capital Grozny. (Al Jazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 November 2009
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Celta : 1 - 1
- Cartagena - Gimnastic : 0 - 2
- Cordoba - Salamanca : 2 - 0
- Hercules - Numancia : 1 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Southampton - Brighton : 1 - 3
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Ancona - Vicenza : 2 - 0
- Cittadella - Gallipoli : 1 - 2
- Lecce - Padova : 2 - 1
- Mantova - Cesena : 0 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in November 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Jay-Z + Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind
- Forever - Drake Featuring Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem
- Papers - Usher
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
- Regret - LeToya Featuring Ludacris
- Number One - R. Kelly Featuring Keri Hilson
- Under - Pleasure P
Top #10 Latin songs
- Esclavo De Sus Besos - David Bisbal
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Shakira - Loba
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Lo Intentamos - Espinoza Paz
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
- Mi Cama Huele A Ti - Tito "El Bambino" El Parton Featuring Zion & Lennox
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?